Quick facts about Design Case submissions
- Deadline for submissions: August 14, 2014
- Online submission: Precision Conference submission system (PCS)
- Notification: September 11, 2014
- Camera-ready deadline: September 18, 2014
- Submission format: 6 pages in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format
- At the conference: Oral presentations
- Archiving: Available for conference attendees on USB stick and in the ACM Digital Library
Message from the Design Cases chairs
NordiCHI’14 Design Cases track is a venue for presenting design cases that represent and reflect upon the conference keywords: Fun, Fast and Foundational. The submissions can be about artistic experiments, digital artefacts, interaction design, or media art experiments. Design Cases offer designers a possibility for less-traditional academic presentations. In addition to fascinating outcomes, we are very interested in cases that reflect upon the process, and its successes and failures.
Tuuli Mattelmäki, Associate Professor, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Jodi Forlizzi, Professor, School of Design and HCI Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
Design Cases submission content
The submissions can be done in two alternative formats: 1) on max 6 pages in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format; or 2) alternative format with a written description, e.g. including links to video data or other kinds of representations. Please note however, that alternative formats will not appear in the ACM library.
Design Cases selection process
Design Cases will be selected through a double-blind review process. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by designers in industry and academia. Our review process will emphasize innovativeness, originality as well as contribution to the conference theme.