There will be several venues for the different conference activities, and on this page, you can find the information on how to move around. First, the addresses of each venue.
- Marina Congress Center, Katajanokanlaituri 6. Main conference venue 28.-30.10.
- Aalto ARTS in Arabia, Hämeentie 135C. Venue for workshops, tutorials, doctoral consortium, and the get-together event 26.-27.10.
- LUME center in Arabia, Hämeentie 135C. Get-together Monday night 17:30.
- Helsinki City Hall, Pohjoisesplanadi 11–13. City reception Tuesday night 18:00.
Kino K-13, Kanavakatu 12 (entrance on Katajanokanlaituri side). Video screening Wednesday night 17:00.
- Wanha Satama, Glass Gallery, Pikku Satamakatu 3-5. Conference dinner Wednesday night 18:00.
- Boat to Uunisaari, Kompassitori. Finnish Experiences Thursday night 18:00.
- Hotel Scandic Grand Marina, Katajanokanlaituri 7
- Eurohostel, Linnankatu 9
- Sokos Hotel Helsinki, Kluuvikatu 8
- Hotel Arthur, Vuorikatu 19
Moving between the conference venues is easiest if you stay in Hotel Scandic Grand Marina.
On Sunday and Monday, all events take place in Aalto University, Arabia campus. We provide free bus transportation to Arabia from two places, from Hotel Scandic Grand Marina and from the Senate Square (Unioninkatu 34), as follows.
Bus transportation on Sunday, 26.10.
09:15 Marina Congress Center / Senate Square – Aalto ARTS @ Arabia
13:30 Marina Congress Center / Senate Square – Aalto ARTS @ Arabia
18:00 .. 18:20 Aalto ARTS @ Arabia – Marina Congress Center / Senate Square
Bus transportation on Monday, 27.10.
08:30 Marina Congress Center / Senate Square – Aalto ARTS @ Arabia
16:30 .. 16:50 Marina Congress Center / Senate Square – Aalto ARTS @ Arabia
18:45 .. 19:45 Aalto ARTS @ Arabia – Marina Congress Center / Senate Square
The schedule for the Finnish Experiences on Thursday night is not strict, so you can arrive any time between 18 and 20. You can have a nice 30-min walk or utilize the public transportation to get to Kompassitori, and raise the white wooden beacon to call the boat that takes you to Uunisaari island.
Public transportation schedules are available in a few languages on Journey Planner, and on Google Maps. The fee for 1 hour transport inside Helsinki is 3€, if you buy the ticket from the driver (ask for a ticket inside Helsinki). More information on the public transportation options.
To call a taxi in Helsinki, dial 0100 0700. Taxis are reliable, but also quite expensive. A taxi ride from the airport to the conference venue costs about 50€. For airport transfers, you can utilize an Airport taxi. Tipping taxi drivers is not common, but recommended if you get exceptionally good service.